Servas Peace School aims to bring the variety of the world to villages,develop feelings of peace in children, provide conditions for volunteers tolearn local culture(s) and experience different ways of living on Earth. Servas Peace School also aims to train local children and people and help thembecome world citizens and Servas members. That is the value that makes Servas Peace School sustainable.
How does Servas Peace School work?
- Servas Peace School has no fixed curriculum or programme. The background of the volunteers defines the programme.
- No budget or a manager needed in this school. The volunteers take decisions altogether.
- Servas Peace School happens every summer. The duration of the school differs (from 1 week to 3 weeks).
- Local and international Servas (also non-Servas) members come to the village and teach their topics to local children in a workshop style mostly outdoor (in forests, gardens, houseyards, streets, etc.). In this school it is believed that every person (farmers, workers, artists, teachers, etc.) has something to teach and needs to learn.
- Use of technological tools in the workshops is not encouraged. - Volunteers sponsor themselves to travel (however, they can apply for support if they need).
- Volunteers can join the event for one day or the whole Peace School period. Local assistants help them with workshops and translation with local people (if needed)
- Local families host volunteers for 3-4 days and provide food for them. They attend cultural and social activities in the area. The idea derives from the fact that when you live with a family you share a lot, face your prejudice if you have, exchange background and usually become friends.
- Volunteers do workshops during the day. They have free time in the mornings and evenings. They usually spend time with locals and enjoy cultural activities.
- Volunteers can come to the village with their own children.
- Servas Peace Choir is formed with children and they learn to sing songs in local languages and in the languages of the volunteers.
- City, village, nature tours are organized for the volunteers.
- At the end of the school period, a Servas Peace Party is organized with the local people and children present their products and skills.
1st Servas peace school summer camp in Sakartvelo, Georgia
--> June 22-29, 2024
Face to face
Come to Lamovani, Sakartvelo (Georgia) | Meet local people, discover new cultures and make friends!
June 22-29, 2024
Please, find the info about Lamovani, Sakartvelo (Georgia) here and here.
follow the details about Lamovani Public School FB page
contact us here:
--> Please, fill out the volunteer application form given below:
SERVAS PEACE SCHOOL Sakartvelo (Georgia) 2023 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM (google.com)