From SI Exco News
Servas International elects its international executive. During the General Assembly, held every three years at different locations, members elect their executives.
President Gary Sealey
Now, six years after I joined Servas International executive, I can look back and see changes in Servas. When I joined, Servas International was often cranky and nervous. There were big tensions and changes as Servas developed from a small secretariat to a large and complex non-government organization with active Area Coordinators and International Committees.
Some of my activities this year:
- collecting and organizing programme inputs for the General Assembly for two weeks in Buenos Aires before the General Assembly met at Mar del Plata; working with the various committees to launch the conference
- meetings, many hours, with volunteers and specialists planning ServasOnLine
- preparing for rare face-to-face meeting of the Executive Committee
- attending the Youth Meeting, in Mexico
- conceiving, studying, writing and editing the Servas International Peace Course and arranging an agreement with El Bosque University, to teach it