How to use Hostlist Storage Area
From SI Exco News
When you are in the hostlist Storage Area you can
- Search for uploaded lists
- Download one specific list
- Upload your list
There are different possibilities:
- Write starting initial letters
- Write % to have full alphabetical listing
- Write - to have full listing ordered by descending date
When you have located your list, please click with the mouse right button and specify "Save link as...". This is the fastest and safest way for doing it.
Lists are normally supposed to be read with Acrobat Reader or using Word office suite. While Acrobat Reader is a free product, Office is not, but you can use efficient substitutes like Open Office which is totally free and Fox It Reader, which is an acrobat reader very light weighted. Please ask to hostlistcoordinator if you have any difficulty in opening, reading or preparing hostlists.
- Prepare your document on your computer with a proper name which MUST include Country name, year, # of hosts, for example: Austri 2006 300 Hosts.doc
- Do browse it with the button, possibly add a short description and please specify which country is it using the dropdown box.
Click on the upload file and the list will be uploaded
- Sometimes very slow or unreliable internet connections doesn't allow you to upload or download especially big lists (more than 200/300 kbytes),
- If you cannot manage to download, upload a list, you can then contact keylist group or hostlistcoordinator, asking them if they can help in providing you with the list or
- you can send yourself the list to the hostlist coordinator via email, providing you are zipping and protecting with a password the document (cfr. How to on how to zip and password protect one document).
- Sometimes very old Acrobat Reader (like 3.0) or strange font combinations on your pc or on the pc which produced the documents can result in unreadable documents or strangely formatted pages. Also in this case, please try again with a more recent viewer or using FoxIt reader and if you are still stuck, send an email to hostlist coordinator.